Parent / Family Involvement
Parents are very welcome to join us for our lessons and enjoy the music making, however, students often feel more comfortable and relaxed without an audience in the room. Students who learn without a parent in the lesson, benefit from taking responsibility for their own independent learning, mastering a new skill and having the confidence and openness to play the piano and perform.
Parents are welcome to make use of the waiting room during the lesson where we have a selection of magazines and books.
Term Dates for 2020
Lessons are scheduled in accordance with the Victorian Government School Term, however, lessons can be arranged in the term holidays.
Term 1 dates:
- Monday 3 February to Saturday 28 March 2020
- 8 Week Term
Term 2 dates:
- Tuesday 14 April to Saturday 27 June 2020
- 11 Week Term
Term 3 dates:
- Monday 13 July to Saturday 19 September 2020
- 10 Week Term
Term 4 dates:
- Monday 5 October to Saturday 12 December 2020
- 10 Week Term
During 2020, there will be no lessons on the following public holidays and will not be invoiced.
- Labour Day:
- Monday 9 March 2020
- Easter Monday:
- Monday 13 April 2020
- ANZAC Day:
- Saturday 25 April 2020
- Queen’s Birthday:
- Monday 8 June 2020
- ALF Grand Final Friday
- Friday 25 September 2020
- Melbourne Cup:
- Tuesday 3 November 2020
Very occasionally, there are times when lessons will not take place. Red Note endeavours to provide as much notice as possible and these lessons are noted on the term’s invoice.
To be eligible for a catch-up lesson you must record your absence online via the family portal or via text (0408 865 262) or email to Leonie.
- For weekday lessons, you need to record your absence before 10am. After this time, you will not be eligible for a catch-up lesson.
- For Saturday lessons, you need to record your absence before 7:30am. After this time, you will not be eligible for a catch-up lesson.
- Please arrange catch-up lessons using the online family portal. Otherwise, you are welcome to arrange lessons directly with Leonie. Your Studio Teacher does not have the ability to arrange catch up lessons.
- Catch-up lessons must be used within the calendar year; i.e. they cannot be transferred to 2021.
- At the end of the calendar year, any unused lessons will be forfeited.
- If you book a catch-up lesson and are unable to attend that lesson (for any reason), another catch-up will not be offered and that catch-up will be deemed to be taken.
- Refunds for postponed lessons are not possible.
Termination of Lessons
If a student wishes to cease lessons, a minimum of two weeks’ notice is required. For example, if a student decides in Term 1 that they do not wish to continue in Term 2, notice must be given at least two weeks prior to the end of Term 1.